Sunrun is the leading player in the residential solar market. We provide homeowners a cleaner more affordable source of power, and an industry leading customer experience. Sunrun offers multiple energy-saving solar solutions to the consumer, from zero down on cash and power purchase systems, to investment and battery options. Sunrun’s Field Sales Specialists are required to source and develop their own book of business and will receive little to no Sunrun-provided leads. Field Sales Specialists will be eligible to earn the highest per order sales commission among their Sunrun sales peers, along with a base salary. In addition, they will receive:
- Monthly car allowance and reimbursement for related business expenses, including gas;
- Base Salary plus Uncapped Commission;
- Target of 70k-150k+ depending on individual sales performance;
- Benefits eligibility within 30 days (medical, dental, vision etc)
The Field Sales Specialist will report directly to their assigned Regional Sales Manager.
- Create in–home sales appointments to close new business;
- 100% referral and self-generated sales, perfect for the entrepreneurial spirited
- Create and run 5-20 in-home consultations a week in order to achieve selling 5+ new customers per month;
- Closing the sale using various proven customer sales methods;
- Developing sales strategies/models;
- Evaluating customers’ skills, needs and building productive long lasting relationships;
- Providing an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer's system is turned on;
- Meet personal and team sales targets;
- Research accounts and generate or follow through self-generated sales leads;
- Attend sales meetings, sales events, training, and industry events to keep abreast of the latest Sunrun and industry developments;
- Create, maintain, and expand customer database within your assigned sales territory;
- Live Sunrun’s core values to the fullest, to be positive and adaptable, be customer obsessed, be inventive, be real, be lean, and be a pro!
Field Sales Specialists are required to run the Sunrun sales process consistently and in compliance with Sunrun’s policies and procedures. The Regional Sales Manager will provide training and support to your sales efforts during weekly 1 on 1’s, weekly team meetings and weekly training.
The primary activity for all Field Sales Specialists is selling Sunrun’s products and services. Selling opportunities that most effectively lead to the Closed Sale include:
- Canvass to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Sunrun’s products appeal to an increasingly larger population, and canvassing is one of the fastest ways to connect with a growing market and identify new customers for Sunrun products.
- Attend Local Events to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Field Sales Specialist can also source new customers by attending local community events and partnerships. The Regional Sales Manager will provide basic training and a personalized landing page to support self-generated sales.
- Engage in Outreach to Sunrun’s Customer Base to Develop & Close New Sales Opportunities:
- Field Sales Specialists may contact Sunrun’s existing customer base to ask about the health of the customer's solar system and earn introductions to the customer's friends and neighbors.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- For Field Sales Specialists selling in CA: a CSLB License (or application pending);
- For Field Sales Specialists selling in Non-CA territories: a sales license where required (or application pending);
- Self-motivated, competitive, multi tasker, problem solver, analytical and able to handle rejection;
- Proven track record of field sales experience;
- In-home and/or solar sales experience a plus;
- Must be success-oriented, as demonstrated by referrals and previous sales work experience of exceeding performance targets and customer expectations;
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service and being a Brand Ambassador;
- Able to think critically and solve problems;
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Salesforce, Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Adobe Acrobat;
- 80% local travel, outside of an office environment, engaged in sales, within your defined region;
- Must be able to canvass door-to-door, during the daytime and at night, in a variety of neighborhoods, during varying weather conditions, and while covering varying terrain; and
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with indirect accountability to multiple stakeholders.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.